What Are You Doing?

 

“It is a serious thing just to be alive on this Fresh morning in this broken world.”

I’ve read this quote by the beautiful poet Mary Oliver a few times but today for some reason it really affected me.

I’m thinking yes!  Of all the people, family, friends, neighbors’ acquaintances that have passed away, I am still here.

That’s got to mean something right? 

So, I’m thinking Barb! Wake up! What are you doing with this one life you’ve been given?

O.K. so I love Ireland, my garden, and the great times on Balboa Island with my grandchildren.

I love traveling, and writing. I am very grateful for my family and wonderful friends, for my good health, and for our pups, Dublin and Bryzzo.

Now, after reading this quote, I’m even more aware of how fortunate I am to still be here.

What am I doing? There must be something more I should be doing.

What are you doing?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sydney Australia!